Many a times, people working continuously in front of their laptops or computers have problems with their eyesight, or continuously complain of headaches. One reason for this might be the brightness setting of the laptop or computer screen. To avoid this problem, you need to know the procedure of how to adjust brightness of a laptop. The brightness can be easily set by using some keys on your laptop. Learn how to adjust the brightness of laptop screen, by reading the instructions given below.
How to adjust brightness of laptop screen?
- Using the ‘Fn’ key on the laptop, the brightness of the screen can be adjusted. The ‘Fn’ or function key is usually at left hand side corner of your laptop keyboard. In some laptops, it is on the top towards the right hand side.
- Press the ‘Fn’ key along with the arrow keys on the laptop.
- If you wish to increase the brightness of the screen, press the function key and the up arrow. To reduce the brightness of the screen, press the function (Fn) key and the downward arrow key together.
- Besides this, sometimes the screen brightness depends on the battery charge. If the battery is about to exhaust the screen will appear, dull.
The ‘Fn’ and arrow key is used more often, but in some cases, there is another option to adjust the brightness of the screen. In this method, you still use the ‘Fn’ key but along with it, you do not use arrow key, rather you need to use F7 or F8.
‘Fn’ and F7 will increase the brightness of the laptop, whereas ‘Fn’ and F8 will decrease the brightness of your laptop screen.
One more method is to check for the keys on your laptop having pictures of ‘half moon’ or ’sun’. Some laptops provide these keys and this is the easiest way to adjust the brightness of the screen.
For some laptops, the setting varies. For example, Dell laptops have a different procedure of adjusting the brightness of the screen. To adjust the screen brightness of a Dell laptop, you can use the instructions given below.
- On any empty space on the desktop of your laptop, right click your mouse. On using the right click, you will see a menu.
- In this menu, choose the option ‘Display Properties’.
- Under this, you have an option of ‘Color Correction’.
- Under this, you can see a ‘Brightness scale’. If you move the marker to the right side, the brightness increases. If the marker is moved to the left side, the brightness decreases.
- After setting the marker on an appropriate place, choose the option ‘Apply’.
- Then, finalize the settings by clicking ‘OK’. The box will close and the brightness will be adjusted according to your selection.
Toshiba Laptops again have a different way of setting the brightness of the screen.
In case of Toshiba laptops, the brightness of the screen can be adjusted by ‘Fn and F6′ or ‘Fn and F7′ to increase or decrease the brightness respectively.
In this simple manner, you can adjust the brightness of your laptop screen. Besides the standard settings of ‘Fn’ and arrow keys, to know about the system specific settings of your laptop, you can refer to your user’s manual.