The goal of every human being living on the earth is to be happy, till such time as they are alive or until they breathe their last. In the quest of this eternal search for the element called ‘joy’ or ‘happiness’, human beings are seen to go to any extent as is possible, and at times, even commit such acts, which bring a lot of dishonor for the entire human race as a whole. Such is the craziness behind grabbing this element of happiness. In fact, a few of the people even do the folly of equalizing the aspect of joy with a few of the materialistic things, like money as well as some other things as car, clothes, house, jewelry and so on. But then at the end of all this, they come to the realization that it is about something else and not about all these materialistic things that adds up to building joy in the life of an individual. However, not every human being is blessed with the good fortune of discovering the secret regarding how to be joyful. Hence, for the benefit of one and all, here is listing a few of the tried and tested measures, adhering to which can bring about a lot of happiness in the life of a person.
- Being grateful: If you are thinking, how to be joyful, then realize that for being happy one does not have to find out some secret formula. Happiness can be found in the smaller things of life, in something as insignificant as being grateful for some little thing every day. You can begin with being grateful every morning for even the fact that you are hale and hearty and that you could wake up in that manner that day. Doing so will aid you in seeing things from a better perspective.
- Putting on the habit of jotting down the things you have been grateful for the day: Another good way to gather happiness is to put on the habit of writing. You can write the reasons for being grateful that particular day and make sure that you continue doing this before going to bed. You can probably begin with jotting down the best events that happened on that day, a minimum of three to start with. Besides, you may also write down the names of three people who you think were responsible in one way or the other in bringing about a smile on your face and their acts of goodness.
- Delve within, not outside: Even though, there are situations when you are feeling disappointed and low, always remember that it is not somebody who is responsible for bothering you or for causing you a lot of pain, trouble or suffering, but it is precisely some factor in you which is causing that thing to happen. So, it is precisely during such moments, when you have to put the question to yourself that what is it that is lacking in you, the reason why you are being bothered.
- Be of service to other people: We human beings are social animals. That is to say, we cannot survive in the absence of other people of our kind. At the same time, it is also our duty to be of help as well as service to other people during their times of need. If we help others in their times of need, then only we deserve to be called human. Therefore, we have to make it a part of our responsibility almost every single day to be of service to others, guide them in achieving their goals and support them in their endeavors every day.
- Listen to the call of the heart more than to the sermons of the mind: It is more essential to listen to the call of the heart than the rationality of the brain. One needs to come out of the reasoning power of the head and connect with the messages of your heart and be there for sometime. You will very soon discover the enormity of the heart and that you would like to be in that place, which is full of calmness, kindness, peace, vastness, warmth, in other words wonderful from every other aspect.
- Try finding something good every single day: If you desire to figure out how to be joyful, then another good option before you is to try t to find out something good as well as wonderful almost every day, or discover good in someone.
With these well known measures, which can well be considered as ways on how to be joyful, you are on your way to soon figure out how beautiful it is to be alive on this beautiful planet, earth.