In the modern day world, everybody desires to be blessed with all the luxuries of life, and this is possible for most of the people only if they themselves make efforts to work hard and achieve them. Of course, in a few rare cases, some people are blessed with all of them from the time of being born, which is observed only in some cases. However, in order to be successful in life, it is essential for other people to be endowed with certain characteristics, which may not be present in everyone, wanting to be successful in his or her life. Of them, one of the most important traits is confidence. The absence of confidence or the presence of it, goes a long way in determining the extent to which one can be successful in his or her life. People with confidence have achieved many things, while other people who lack it have compromised many things in their lives only because they are devoid of this factor. If this element of confidence is so very necessary to spell success in one’s life, all attempts must be made to acquire it as far as possible. However, if you are also among those who are not aware of how to build confidence, fret not, for here in this article we would consider a few factors that will aid in building confidence in people.
It is more likely that how one perceives oneself has a major part to play in how he or she is being perceived by other people as well. It is not how other people think bad or good of us, it is how we perceive ourselves to be, which determines how we would be perceived by other people as well. Being confident is the difference between not fearing or being inhibited to do anything, or on the contrary, being fearful of the consequences before doing something. Agreed that, there are some circumstances or situations or times when we cannot but lose our confidence completely, but then with the help of the below-mentioned methods, confidence can nonetheless be built as well.
- Be aware of what to wear and what not: When one is not dressed cleanly and properly, apart from other people, it affects his/her way of speaking with other people as well as the way he or she carries himself or herself, since at the end of the day, it is none but one’s own self that is more conscious of the manner he or she appears. When one is not dressed according to the occasion, then it is but obvious that he or she does not feel confident about himself or herself and this in turn affects the manner he or she interacts with other people. It is hence, essential to be dressed in one’s best form as is possible at all times and especially when outdoors. For this, spending a fortune on buying costly clothes is not important. What only matters is purchasing high quality clothes and not a bunch of cheap dress items, because in the long run it has been seen that cheap clothes go out of style or wear out easily and faster than costly dress items and in this manner, spending is decreased.
- Walk faster: It can be easily found out by observing the style of walking of somebody, as to whether he or she is confident as well as feeling good about himself or herself or not. If the walking style of someone appears painful, slow or tired, it is a sign of being low in confidence level, whereas if the style of walking of somebody appears energetic and purposeful, it means that he or she has loads of confidence. It has been generally seen that people who have confidence in themselves walk with a certain quickness in their steps than people who do not have it. What one can do to build confidence is to put up a bit of pep in the steps and try to walk a bit faster than how normally he or she does. Even trying to walk twenty five percent faster than normal will make him or her appear or feel more important and in turn, boost confidence.
- Confidence also depends on our posture: It can be readily found out from the way someone carries himself or herself as to whether he or she is confident about himself or herself or not. Generally, people with a lazy disposition or movement or slumped shoulders are believed to lack confidence. When one makes eye contact with other people at the time of conversing, keeps his or her head up, practices good posture as well as stands up straight he or she would automatically feel a gush of confidence coming in him or her. This in turn, will ensure that he or she makes a positive impression on other people, and at the same time, feel alert and empowered.
- Prepare your own inspirational lecture: One of the best known ways to discover how to build confidence is by having the chance to go through the motivational lecture of a great speaker, opportunities of which are rare, of course. This can be compensated by preparing one’s own personal commercial or inspirational or motivational commercial, by highlighting one’s unique abilities or potential. What one can do is to either read them in front of a mirror or in one’s own head, whenever he or she is in need of a confidence boost.
- Focus on the positive things: Instead of fretting over what one does not have, it is a best idea to divert one’s positive energies each day on what he or she has got in his or her life. These can be anything as his or her beautiful relations, his or her own unique abilities, past successes as well as positive momentum. Instead when we think what we want in our lives, the mind of its own creates reasons why we cannot get it, which in turn makes us focus more on our disabilities. Rather, being grateful for even small things makes us believe in our abilities or potential.
- Concentrate on physical fitness: It is not a matter of appearing beautiful, even being fit matters a lot when it comes to discovering how to build confidence. If in case, one is not in one’s very best of physical form, it can make him or her feel insecure, unattractive and weak. On the contrary, by working on one’s physical fitness or health, he or she can acquire something positive throughout the day, energize himself or herself as well as build on his or her physical appearance as well.
- Try to compliment other people: Somebody who is not very confident about himself or herself gets into the habit to directly or indirectly insult and gossip about others. In order to break free from this entire negative cycle, one must learn how to compliment other people as well as not get into the habit of backstabbing other people when they are not around. This in turn, would make sure that your confidence is built and make them liked by other people.
- Contribute for other people: As is natural in today’s times, we human beings, are mostly busy with our own selves and are busy fulfilling our own desires. What we should do on the contrary is to stop being bothered with our own needs as well as wants and concentrate more on the contribution we are making towards other people. In a way we can get rid of the worry of our own disabilities, which can further allow us to discover how to build confidence.
- Sit ahead in the row: In the assemblies at schools, in the meetings in the offices, as well as any other public meeting, we most often than not, find most of the people trying their level best to make a seat for themselves somewhere in the back because of the fact that they are afraid of being noticed, which in turn, points out to the lack of confidence in them. One must strive to sit at the front row in such meetings and public gatherings and be rid of the irrational fear gripping them as well as build on confidence in themselves.
- Attempt to speak up more often: It has been observed that most people do not speak anything in group discussions or meeting,since they are afraid that they may be judged for uttering something stupid. . This is not a justified because most people these days are busy looking for ways to tackle their own fear, than thinking of the insecurities and fears faced by others. Efforts should be made therefore, to speak up as often as possible.
Now that you are well versed in the secrets of discovering how to build confidence, success won’t elude you for long.