It is how we carry ourselves in our attires that go a long way in giving an image and impression about us before others. Agreed that it is not just clothes which have to do their part in building up our image in the eyes of other individuals but our behavior, character and personality traits as well that serve this purpose; however, how can we at all expect to create an impression regarding ourselves on others without even getting a chance to speak to them. It is then when dressing up in our best manner possible from all the aspects, comes into play. Most often than not, it is from the way we dress ourselves up which does the first trick to either make or mar our image before other persons. Merely by giving a glance on how we have dressed ourselves up, most of the people can make out about our sense of dressing as well and this in turn may go a long way, in either creating a negative or a positive impression regarding us. At times, it has also been observed that as a result of this particular aspect, very good relations are either damaged or formed. Hence, it is extremely essential to be in our very best of attires as far as possible. This aspect having been taken care of, as far as being dressed up for an occasion counts, there is nothing more important than figuring out how to dress for a wedding that sometimes even makes some of the best dressed people bite the dust at times. But then what most of the people fail to realize is that, as necessary as it is to figure out what all to put on for a wedding reception, is equally if not more essential, at the same time, to find out what are the dresses which one should not wear for the wedding. However, if you are among those who is looking for a perfect answer on this, then it is better for you to know before you plunge into research on this that there is no particular rule as to what are the dresses that one can put on for a wedding reception as well as what are the dresses that he or she should not and in this aspect, one best key is to know it by yourself, depending first and foremost on the kind of the wedding, that is to say, if it is a formal type of a wedding or an informal one.
It always pays to be aware of how to dress for a wedding because if one is dressed up in a too fancy or not so fancy manner, then it might make him or her become a laughing stock among the guests. This is definitely not what one desires to be in the eyes of the bride and the groom as well as the hordes of guests attending the wedding reception on that day.
- Adhere to the message mentioned in the invitation: In case, one is confused as to what to dress up in for a wedding reception, then one best mantra that has been seen to work well in most of the cases than not is to stick to the message which has been outlined in either the invitation card or the mail. If in case it has been mentioned in either the invitation card or the mail that one has to put on either a black tie or formal dresses for the wedding, then it is always advisable to dress up in the most perfect way as is possible. In this case, men can choose to put on suits or tuxedos with ties and either ball gowns or full-length dresses can be worn by the women.
- Catch a hint from the location of the wedding: One can get a hint about how to dress for a wedding depending on the place of the wedding reception where it will be thrown for the guests. The key to figuring out what all to put on is that if the wedding reception has been thrown at a venue that is outside, then in that case, one can expect to wear something more casual than if the wedding has been thrown at a formal ballroom.
- Cut out on too much of a casual attire for the wedding reception: Even though at times, some weddings are thrown at casual outdoor locations, it is still not advisable to attend these wedding receptions by putting on simple jeans and t-shirts; do so only if it has been specifically outlined in either the invitation card or the mail for the wedding, since at the end of the day it is a wedding reception and sacred and even the most casual outdoor places of holding a wedding need a bit of decorum.
- Figure out what are the dresses to avoid wearing to a wedding reception: Even though, the in-vogue trends of fashion, even in the case of wearing to a wedding keep changing on with each passing day, and it may not be possible for each and every individual to be well abreast of the latest trend setters in wedding reception attires, it is always a safe bet to stay away from colors that are very loud and patterns that are extremely wild, which would make one cut an odd figure out.
- Dress up as per the climatic conditions: In order to be as comfortable as possible, you have to choose clothing that is in accordance with the season or the weather conditions and for that to happen, you need to bear in mind the climatic conditions before you choose the attire for the wedding reception. Besides, if you check out the weather report of the day of the wedding beforehand, then you may be in a better state to find out, if you have to carry an umbrella along with you when you attend the wedding reception or if you need to put on a coat. This kind of a prior planning comes in quite handy.
- Be in sync with the other guests: It always pays to know in advance the dresses the other guests are wearing to the wedding, for you to match the type of dress you would be putting on. In this manner, chances of you being a misfit are less.
- Ask for advice from the bride and the groom: One fool-proof method to aid one in not going wrong in dressing up for a wedding reception is to get the suggestions of both the bride as well as the groom about the kind of attire he or she has to wear. But, this should be used as a last resort in case one does not get a clue form the invitation card or the mail, or in case he or she does not know the other guests who are attending the wedding.
It always pays to be in the best dress possible while attending the wedding of somebody, as it always etches a deep memory in the minds of others, and especially the bride and the groom. Therefore, it is always a best idea to browse through the various online sites, looking up for advice on how to dress for a wedding, because at the end of the day, it is not every day that one has to put in this much of an effort when it comes to one of the most basic needs of human life – clothing ourselves.