Is it like every time you get into a relationship with somebody or the other, you are gripped by the fear of the chances of the relationship lasting for a long time or not? Well, if this is the case with you, then the brighter side of the news for you is that you are not merely the only individual to be having this kind of a scare, as there are probably millions of people who are equally under the same type of a fear. But the darker side of the story is also that you are also at the same time in an immediate need of advice, counseling and suggestions from the experts in the field who can probably aid you in getting back to your old state of a happy relationship. Besides, the meaning of a good relationship is one which helps both the individuals develop as well as grow each single day with it, sharing all the joys and sorrows with both the lovers holding their hands together as well as promising never to part ways come what may. It is a kind of a silent promise that both the partners make to each other. However, in the modern times, these types of relationships are hard to come across and after a point of time, all the love fizzles out soon. This accounts for the growth in the number of break ups before marriage and the divorces after that. Of course, everyone desires to have that perfect and joyous relationship, and if you are among those, then you can try following the measures cited below in case things are not working out in the best possible manner for you in your relationship, and you are perplexed with thoughts about how to fix a relationship.
- Allow your loved one to admit and improve upon their problems – We all know that one needs a lot of courage to admit and confess about our faults and improve upon them with the passage of time. During such times, if instead of having the best of your intention to hear to their concerns, you begin judging them, then it might lead to making your loved one feel even worse than admitting their faults. Moreover, it emotionally and psychologically affects them in the worst possible way and prevents them from further accepting something wrong about themselves. Once this begins to happen between you and your partner, they would seek recourse by discussing their troubles with some of their trusted colleague or friend, rather than sharing it with you. This rings a warning bell in your relationship and warns you that it is high time for you to devote some amount of quality time to your relationship along with your partner, because when your lover begins to hide issues from you it would do more harm than good to the relationship between the two of you, driving you to the depths of anxiety, depression, stress, tension as well as worry in both the persons. Before long, it would be discovered that there are many things that your partner is hiding from you and soon you would find yourself drifting apart from him or her.
- The best advice for this entire issue is that the moment you discover or sense that such a thing is taking place and if something you feel is not working between the two of you in the relationship, or if you think that your loved one has committed an act which is not acceptable, then discuss the issue with your partner instead of blaming them or shouting and creating a scene about it. Let them understand that you did not like their act or behavior. Besides, it is also extremely essential to know how to forgive and forget because every human being commits one or the other mistake at some point of time in their lives.
- Learn the art of accepting the other individual’s personality – It is a common thing that is often heard and said that opposites attract one another. In the like manner, even in real life, we find that there are many couples who are completely different from each other in almost all the ways. The best advice here, if you are sailing in the same boat and wonder sometimes why this is so, is to remind yourself to learn about the art of compatibility. This is something which is very important to know how to fix a relationship. The act of compatibility does not mean that both you and your partner have similar likes as well as dislikes. The secret lies in wanting to find out the likes and dislikes of your lover as well as trying your level best to live a life in sync with that.
- For example, if you are with a partner who is extremely calm and chilled out about the adversities of life and deals with them in a composed way, then you might well want to adopt that particular trait. Moreover, that might be one reason for you to fall madly in love with them, since you admire that particular trait of theirs, even though it might annoy you at times. The art of compatibility does not lie in being the same with one another, but to what extent both of them gel together as a couple. This is also true as per the laws of attraction as well as love. The best thing is to look at the differences as something which both of you can learn from each other, rather than viewing them as burdens. True love is one in which both of them make an effort to know one another in the best possible manner. In this way, both of you can become a very loving couple, by enabling each other to evolve and become better human beings.
- Learning the art of compromise - Perhaps, not being acquainted with the art of compromising is one element which is responsible for many a break- ups and divorces happening all across the globe. It is nothing but as simple as knowing how to give in and yet we, human beings, falter at this simple act. It is not even that hard once in a while to let go, especially if you are in love with that individual. In recent years, it has been found out that not just men, but even women have become extremely adamant in their own issues. None of the two wants to compromise with his or her point of view; but what we need to think precisely at that moment is that if we compromise a bit, then it might aid in making our loved one happy for some time. Seeing their joy, would make us happy in return. Know how to compromise on small things if you know that it would help in making your partner joyous.
- However, if only one of you compromise every time, then that is not something which is acceptable, as it might cause the other person to take you for granted; it has to be something where both of them learn how to compromise. If at one time one of the partners has compromised, then the other time, it has to be the other one. Soon with the passage of time, you would come to see that it has become something very natural.
- Letting the relationship to grow – As human beings grow, in a similar manner, relationships need to grow as well, otherwise that day won’t be far when because of a stagnation in the relationship, you would not care or feel like engaging in any healthy as well as meaningful activity with your lover. It starts with taking your partner for granted, and before you get to know, the relationship is on the rocks. Hence, if you are serious in finding out how to fix a relationship, then the mantra is to heal it from within and not from the exterior. The mantra lies in allowing each other to learn from the other and allow space for both to grow.
The solution lies as said above in trying to work on the smaller issues in the relationship, since every big issue begins from a smaller issue, which was not properly solved at the right time. It all counts to who among the two of you is willing to take that extra effort to walk the extra mile to find out how to fix a relationship.