Fudge is a dish, which is liked by all age groups. It is a confectionery dish and is usually cocoa flavored but sometimes other flavors are also experimented with this. Gifting fudge to someone is a good idea. Especially, if you make it yourself and then gift it to someone, it is much pleasing. However, for this you must know how to make fudge with condensed milk. Fudge is a very simple recipe, and it does not cost you much. You can easily make fudge with condensed milk, and present it to your loved ones without affecting your budget.
How to make fudge with condensed milk?
- Condensed Milk (Sweetened) – 1 can or 14 ounces
- Milk Chocolate Chips – 1 cup or 6 ounces
- Chocolate chips – 2 cups or 12 ounces
- Vanilla Essence – 1 to 1 ½ teaspoon
- Butter – 2 tbsp
- Chopped walnuts and dry fruits – 1 cup (optional)
- Plastic Wrap
- Square pan
- Measuring Spoons
- Measuring Cups
- Take a square pan. Grease this pan with oil or ‘non-stick cooking spray’. Grease the pan perfectly and do not leave any part of it dry.
- Take a plastic wrap around 18-24 inches in length. Place the wrap inside the pan. Leave the edges of the plastic bag outside the pan. This will be needed to cover the fudge later. This will also help you to get the fudge out once it is done. Keep the pan aside
- Now in the next step, mix condensed milk, vanilla essence, butter and chocolate chips. Heat this mixture using double boiling method on low flame. (Double boiling method – place the mixture in a bowl, heat water in another bowl and place the bowl with the mixture in this hot water, keeping the gas on low flame) Stir the mixture continuously.
- Alternatively, you can heat this mixture in microwave; however, you still need to stir it after every minute.
- Let the chocolate melt, and heat it stirring continuously until you get a smooth and silky mixture.
- After the mixture is ready, you can add nuts to it. This is however, optional. You can add Tuty Fruity if you wish.
- Next step is to pour this mixture in the pan you had kept aside. While pouring, keep your hand still at the center of the pan. This will help the mixture spread evenly in the pan.
- Dusting the pan- This is important because it will help you get rid of air bubbles in the pan. Hold the pan firmly and pat it lightly on the floor.
- Now cover the mixture with the plastic wrap. Place this pan in the refrigerator until the mixture sets firm.
- After an hour, or maximum 2 hours, the mixture will be firm. Holding the edges of the plastic wrap, you can get the fudge out.
- Cut this into small pieces and serve chilled.
- Instead of Vanilla essence or extract, you can use any other extract you like. Mint, orange, etc. However, chocolate chips go well with Vanilla essence.
- Secondly, you can also substitute chocolate chips with Vanilla based chocolate. This will also give you a rich flavor.
- Placing the pan in deep freeze for few minutes and then placing it in refrigerator will help the mixture firm faster.
If you have to present this to some one you can pack it in a cake box. However, see to it that you pack it in an air tight box, and do not expose it to heat. Fudge tastes well when it is served chilled.
Using this recipe, you can easily make fudge from condensed milk, and flaunt your cooking skills.