Have you ever spent sleepless nights? Then you may be aware, how difficult it is to tackle this problem. About 60% of the population is striving hard to defeat this problem. Today’s fast paced lifestyle and increased stress, anxiety and tension is the root cause of insomnia. It is very essential to know how to prevent insomnia to stay away from many serious disorders. You can also give advice to your friends and your family members who suffer from insomnia. Here are the magical solutions for insomnia.
- The first step towards preventing insomnia is to identify its cause and eliminate it. There are many causes which can make a person insomniac. After identifying these problems, you have to take some steps to address them.
- Relax and try to avoid excessive stress. Stress is the main problem that causes insomnia. To get relief from stress it is necessary that you connect with people, plan for picnics and reduce your work load, if you are unable to deal with it.
- Health is also one of the most important factors to prevent insomnia. A healthy body is very essential to prevent the body from any type of disease. Proper and healthy diet helps you maintain a healthy body.
- Good health helps maintain sound condition of the mind. If you are under depression, you may be deprived of sleep.
- If this depression continues for a prolonged period, this turns into, insomnia. Try to make yourself happy by doing things that interest you. Pursue your hobbies to get relief from stress.
- Avoid doing heavy exercises before going to sleep.
- Meditation is very helpful in relaxing your body and helps give good sleep.
- You should have your meals at least 2 to 3 hours prior to going to bed. If there is indigestion or acid reflux, then it can cause discomfort and interfere in your sleep.
- Do not have heavy meals at night. This can cause problems in your digestive system and may directly affect your health as well as your sleep.
- Going for a walk at night before going to sleep is a good option.
- Drink a glass of warm milk adding a spoon full of honey to it.
- Maintain a pleasant atmosphere in your bedroom to feel relaxed and stress free when you enter your bedroom. Having a blue lamp in your bedroom will help you a lot.
- Go to bed when your brain is telling you to do so. Do not delay going to sleep.
- Having a shower just before going to sleep will also be of a great help. This will help your body relax and give you some good sleep.
- Listening to pleasant music or to a CD with nature sounds will also help you. There are many CD’s that have natural sounds like sounds of waves on the beach. This will help you in giving a good sleep and prevent insomnia.
- Reading a book will also help you get sleep. Whenever you unable to sleep, hold a book in front of your eyes. You will be sleepy within 20 to 30 minutes.
- You can try some natural herbs to get sleep. Do not take pills to get sleep; they make you addicted to them. This will worsen the condition of insomnia.
- Fix your times. Go to sleep not later than 10 p.m. at night and maintain fixed timings daily.
Work with the tips given above to prevent insomnia. A good sleep is very essential to avoid any kind of disease. If you are not getting enough sleep, then you may invite many diseases, so follow the tips given above to prevent insomnia.