Tucking in your shirt is very easy; however there is a proper method to do the perfect tuck. You will notice that few people do no tuck in shirt and pretend to act stylish. The problem while you tuck in shirt is to avoid the billowing effect where parts of your shirt especially on the sides and back do not get tucked in properly. To prevent this, what you can do is buy slim fit shirts. In case, your shirt doesn’t fit, then you can make it pseudo-fitted by pulling all the slack from around the shirt about an inch or so and fold it on the back of your shirt. Ensure that this big fold is held together tightly to your belt. This helps to keep a nicely refined look, however you still need to adjust it often. In addition, make sure to button your shirt in a straight line with the center of your belt and zipper.
Here, we provide few tips on how to tuck in the shirt:
- Firstly, you need to select the shirt cleverly. Do not choose too long or too short shirts. If you wear too short shirt then you will not able to tuck in properly. On the other hand, if the shirt is too long, then you tuck it in properly as the excessive length may bunch up and give you a bad appearance. Thus, it is suggested that if you want to tuck in the shirt in a proper way then you need to buy a tight fitted shirt.
- Once you get the tight fitted shirt, iron it and then wear it. Later, you can put on the pants, so that the shirt remains in place.
- You can also tuck in your shirt by keeping your pants unbuttoned. Wear your shirt first and then put on your pant.
- After wearing the pant over the shirt, pull the excess shirt around your waist and to the back of the pants. By doing this, you can keep you shirt aligned in a proper way.
- You can try one more trick that is once you tuck in the shirt, you can wear the pant. After wearing the pant put your right hand through the zipper opening of the pants and reach over to pull the shirt to your left side. Repeat similarly on other side too.
- Once you are done, you can wear the belt and take care that the shirt is organized.
- After wearing the belt, you need to stretch your hands as this makes your shirt to come up. You can pull the excess cloth and fold it down nicely. But while doing this, you need to take care that you do not pull too much.
You could repeat the steps, in case your shirt moves out of place due to vigorous movements. Tucking in the shirt can be a difficult task, but once you get used to the proper method, you would find that looking smart will be easier to do. After all, neat, flattering appearance matters a lot.