Everyone likes to receive presents. Everyone likes to give presents. It does not have to be a very elaborate, costly or thoughtful present. It can be a casual and even not that interesting present. Still we like to receive them. And sometimes to make ourselves happy we give them. Now let us see how to wrap a present for your dear one. Wrapping a present is a skill that involves some basic logic. If you follow the steps, you will know about how to wrap presents with ease.
- Remover the price tag.
With a wrapping paper:
- Select a wrapping sheet that best suits the occasion or the person.
- Place the present inside a box or a cover, if it is not in one.
- Now place the present on the wrapping sheet and pull out enough wrapping sheet to cover the present completely.
- Leave out enough room in both the ends for easy wrapping.
- Now mark the ends where you have to cut with a scale and a pencil
- Remove the present and cut the wrapping paper along the marked line
- Place the present on one side of the paper, leaving enough room for wrap
- Enclose it with the other end of the paper
- Fold the two paper ends and seal it with a scotch tape
- Fold the two other loose ends and seal them with a scotch tape
With a cloth:
- Select a cloth that best suits the occasion or the person.
- Silky Whiter is an all time favorite, but if it is for your wife or girl friend, then go for a silky red.
Probable color selections:
Velvety black with white ribbons
- Place the present on the cloth and mark where you have to cut, leaving out enough place to wrap, with a scale and a pencil
- Now remove the present and cut along the mark
- Place the present on one side of the cloth, leaving enough space for wrapping
- Now fold both the ends and seal them with a scotch tape
- Fold the two other loose ends and seal them with a scotch tape.
To add a ribbon:
- Select a ribbon that contrasts the wrapping paper. For example yellow ribbon goes with red paper.
- Now wrap the ribbon on the present with its seamless side facing down.
- Cross the two ends and wrap it up again, make a bow in the seamless side.
To add a card:
Select a card that goes with the occasion well. Although the look and package are important, the content is what gives your message.